Chicken Pot Pies
makes 6 pies
1 carrot, diced
1/2 onion, chopped
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup milk
1 cup butternut squash, peeled and diced
3/4 cup potatoes, peeled and diced
1/2 cup mushrooms, diced
1 bay leaf
1/4 teas celery seeds
1 cup shredded cooked chicken (rotisserie or poached)
Tenderflake Pie Crust
salt & pepper
1. In a large saute pan, soften the carrots, onion and garlic in the butter. Season with salt and pepper. Dust with flour and cook while stirring for 1 more minute.
2. Add the broth and milk and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add the squash, potatoes, mushrooms, herbs and celery seeds. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer gently, stirring frequently until the vegetable are tender (about 15 minutes).
3. Remove the bay leaf and add the chicken. Adjust the seasoning.
4. Transfer to mini circular disposable tinfoil pans. Refrigerate until cool.
5. Roll out dough about 3mm thick. Press circular pans on the dough and cut out the round shape.
6. Lay a dough circle onto each pot pie and cut a slit down the middle.
7. Cooking (frozen pie): Preheat oven to 375. Bake for about 70 minutes. (For freshly made pies) : Bake for 35 minutes.