1 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup canola oil
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teas baking soda
1/2 teas cinnamon
walnuts, chopped dates or chocolate chips (optional)
-Hand beat sugar, pumpkin puree and egg (with whisk)
-Add oil and beat until incorporated
-Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt
-Mix in batter
-Add in nuts, dates or chocolate chips
-Bake on 350 for around 20 minutes
2 pounds of mussels
1-2 cups white wine
1-2 large shallots (chopped SMALL)
4 cloves of garlic (minced)
handful of parsley (chopped)
3 tablespoons of butter (chopped)
- Wash mussels really well.
- Heat wine, shallots and garlic in a big pot on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add mussels, turn heat on high, cover pot and steam for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and add chopped parsley and butter.
- Ladle into bowls with liquid!
Chicken Tortilla Soup
1 whole chicken
3 Celery Ribs
4 teas salt
4 teas Garlic
2 ears of corn, removed from ear
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1/2 teas cayenne
1/2 teas cumin
1 can chopped tomatoes with jalapenos
5 fresh corn tortillas
Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Simmer the chicken with a gallon of water, the carrots, celery, onion, garlic, salt and pepper for 2 hours.
- Remove chicken and allow to cool.
- Remove all the excess fat and vegetables. Keep the carrots and discard the rest. Chop the carrots and add back to the pot.
- Add the can of tomatoes, fresh corn, cilantro, cumin and cayenne.
- Remove chicken from the bone and add pieces to the pot. Let simmer.
- Cut the tortillas in strips and fry in peanut oil with a little salt.
- Put soup in a bowl and add cheese and tortillas to the top.
1 ear corn on the cob, corn cut off
2 good tomatoes, chopped
3/4 cucumber, chopped
1/3 red onion, chopped
1 bunch arugula, chopped
Hard Cheese (Pecorino, Grano Padano, Parm or even a Gouda)
For the Dressing
- Chop everything very small and add to a bowl.
- For the dressing, add a little miso paste to the bowl and slowly add in the lemon juice while whisking. Add a little balsamic and dijon. Then slowly whisk in some sunflower oil.
- Pour on the chopped salad!